Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem I couldn't find anything related to here. I have a 2001 Insight. When lo beam is on, right headlight is lo, left beam is on hi and vice-versa. When hi beam is on, right headlight is hi, left beam is on lo. I hit a deer and had a lot of front end damage a few years ago, so the repair shop likely reversed something somewhere but too late to hold them accountable.

I tried switching the two similar appearing wires on the left headlight connector, but nothing changed and I don't trust my knowledge enough to try anything else.

Anybody have any ideas how to fix this?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Hmmm interesting problem. So you're not sure how long it has been this way? I wonder if it was this way since the repair shop worked on it? My guess is they got one of the lights wired wrong, each headlight should have three wires; high beam pwr, low beam pwr and a common ground.

Also just to be safe look at this thread and make sure that this known problem isn't a contributing factor some how with the switch melting and causing an issue. Honda Service Bulletin 04-015:
Honda Insight Repair and Upgrade Blog by Mike

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Anybody have any ideas how to fix this?
My car clipped a deer with previous owners thankfully but no significant front end damage and all works ok so far but a Text reference would be the wiring.pdf included in the batch of them in the repair manual download and check wire colors are correct.
Sticky: Download 2000-2006 Insight Service Manual PDF and Others

Assuming since you just noticed after all this time, and that it repairs were done correctly to start with , perhaps check the fuses first and next the several relays if one of them is shot. The repair manual has pics of where the relays are located on the vehicle

this post link http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/problems-troubleshooting/17858-high-beams-not-working.html may hopefully help sort it out or try a search in the forum on 'Headlight relay' to check if someone's had the same experience.

Best luck and welcome.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Check the light bulb, maybe it is the wronge one, also make sure it is installed correctly, and fully seated. There are ears on it, sometimes you think it is in but it is cocked a bit. If your lenses are clear you might be able to see if it is in correctly just looking through the lens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts