Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loaned my green bean to my father since I am unable to drive it for a few months. I called him yesterday and he said the low beams are out.

I remember some problems with the headlight switch but a search turns up nothing. Anyone had this problem? The bulbs check good, fuses too.

Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Checked my "Owner Link" and found the recall. He'll be taking it in to get fixed. Still debating on the ECM recall replacement, seems I've heard more bad than good. :(

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wasabi owner said:
I loaned my green bean to my father since I am unable to drive it for a few months. I called him yesterday and he said the low beams are out.

I remember some problems with the headlight switch but a search turns up nothing. Anyone had this problem? The bulbs check good, fuses too.

Thanks
Hi Wasabi - why don't you try using the search feature at the top of every page? Honda has a recall out for the headlight wiring. If you registered your car with Honda, or bought it from them new, you should have received a recall letter from Honda.

And yes, there's plenty of info here about headlight failure and the recall. I believe you can also check for recalls at the Honda website.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim said:
Hi Wasabi - why don't you try using the search feature at the top of every page? Honda has a recall out for the headlight wiring. If you registered your car with Honda, or bought it from them new, you should have received a recall letter from Honda.

And yes, there's plenty of info here about headlight failure and the recall. I believe you can also check for recalls at the Honda website.
Thank You Jim, I tried the search feature and for each time I ever use it, it ends up giving me EVERYTHING, what I mean is it gives all messages and none seem to have anything to do with the switch. My search brought me answers about how some people really hate their Insight, other messages about IMA. Not one was about the switch. I'm not quite sure what I am doing wrong, but for me, the search feature is absolute rubbish.

That's what I ended up doing after I originally wrote my message, checked Owner's Link and found what recalls my car had as I bought it used a few months ago.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts