Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know. Use google search. Check the threads. Well, I did. Lots of good photos. Lots of insighter’s input. But, a removal procedure never resolves itself into a step by step either for removal or replacement. I don’t want to break any thing. People have obviously done it. And assume any idiot can do it. So,”no details necessary”. But I’m not just any idiot. Not by a long shot. I need to be led, thumb in mouth, across that bridge the first time. Please some more detail. Fill in the following: 1: remove the map light and visor hardware. 2: pull the rear edge of the headliner from the groove in the hatch gasket. 3: pop out or cut the Christmas’s tree clips on either side in the rear there. 4: Remove the windshield pillar plastic. 5: slide the headliner forward as far as it goes, easing the hidden rear center clip out of its slot as you go. 6: and this is conjecture: the headliner either does or doesn’t at this point clear the quarter panel window plastic. Due to the opening up of the tapering geometry as it moves forward. So these troublesome plastic trim pieces don’t have to be removed. And the rear view mirror allows it to move just far enough forward. 7: ease it out the front door.
Anybody?

·
Super Moderator
1,550 Posts
You have to take the seat belt shoulder bolts out.

Remove the hatch struts as you have to pop the quarter panel trims loose to release the head liner.

I’ll try to make a video.

Scott

·
Registered
16 Posts
I removed mine a few weeks ago, all I removed were those Christmas tree clips and the sunvisors.

I first removed the tree clips, then started pushing forward and pulling downward to figure out how it releases. I remember pulling on the interior plastic trim around the seatbelt pillars to free the headliner but I never removed it. Up at the front just removing the visors was enough to free it on that end, I couldn't figure out how release the map light but the headliner just came out around the light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts