Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to built in Headrest DVD Players, inside our Honda Insight LX (2009).

My problem is, is need to connect power wire for these headrest DVD players.

Can I get the power somewhere inside the chair, can I tab in one of the wire's or connectors there? or do I have to get the power from somewhere else? and if it is somewhere else? where is the best place to tab in?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
sorry. My bad.

·
Premium Member
9,772 Posts
Probably because he is a G1 owner answering on a G2 thread.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Welcome fellow Dutchman, neighbour almost ;)

You may want to be able to switch the power to those DVD players from the drivers position, so maybe a switch on the dash or even just a wire to a cigarette lighter plug would do?

It is fairly easy to route wires to the chair base if you work them up under the sides of the center console. There's a cable tree going to the chair too, but as that is safety related I would not mess with that. You can route your wires alongside though.

Cheers, Bart

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
You can tap the dome or map lights. Worse to worse you can tap a fuse box fuse with an add a circuit adapter and tuck the wire between the head liner and windshield and a pillar and windshield.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Headrest, not headliner. I agree that there are no wires already in the seats one should mess with in any way. To get video signal to the monitors one would need to run wires anyway, might as well run power as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts