Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I bought a 2002 Insight recently and it is fantastic! :lol:

Just wanna say hello and thank you as I have learnt a great deal about this car from this site and the forum.

There is some rattling coming from underneath the car though and my local dealer has not been able to fix/ locate it.

So would UK owners in the South East please tell me which dealer they use for servicing and repair ? Mine doesn't seem to have much experience on this model.

(in the meantime, i shall be searching the forum on 'rattling'...)

Kenneth

·
Registered
237 Posts
Kenneth,

Welcome to the community. If get a chance put your name on the FRAPPER group. That will be one more for the UK. You can find the link by looking at he Join the FRAPPER group on the General discussions board.

I have heard of some people complaing of ratteling. There have been several threads on this topic here at Insight Central. Hopefully you can find the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Hi Kenneth

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on a great choice of car. I can think of two possibilities for the rattle under the car: one of the underbody aerodynamic panels might be loose or the exhaust might be loose. Both of these you would expect a dealership to fix but as you know, I cannot recommend a dealership in the South London area. If you are ever in the Chiswick area, the Honda dealer there is supposed to be a good dealership, holding the record for the highest number of Insights sold in the UK.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Alright, we get another one of those rare UK owners. Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Oil dripping on the under body panels will cause them to warp/buzz.

A piece of flexible hose can do wonders as a stethescope.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts