Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, made it in to Lackland AFB waaaay over in San Antonio! Miss my East Coasters already!

So, averaged a little better than 56 MPGs on the way. We left from Williamsburg, VA, stopped in Greenville, SC for the night, then made it to Atlanta, GA, where we stayed with my parents for a week. Helped dad replace the radiator in his Ford Escape... it's important to check your coolant level... not just for leaks out, but for leaks IN. Many automatics share the radiator for engine coolant AND transmission fluid. If they mix... it's bad for the transmission... bad...

Anyway, we left Atlanta and traveled to New Orleans, evidently just missing some Insighters in Baton Rouge! We WISH we could've met up! Still a great time in the Big Easy listening to some great Traditional Jazz!

After that, it was straight on to San Antonio!

The rolling hills are difficult to maintain great MPGs, at least for my CVT with it's battery in it's condition (which seems to be at least pretty good). Especially when using cruise set up the way I currently have it, it uses assist up the hills, but doesn't regen much on the way back down, and my car starts background charging once it drops to 65% on the OBDIIC&C. It charges up to 70%.

Anyway, here is a pic I'm getting used to seeing:

OK all! Looking forward to staying in contact! Gotta make it up to Austin to bother Mudder! Later y'all!

John

·
3,641 Posts
Glad you guys are settling in. Be sure to keep some good wax on your car to prevent clear coat burn. Did you find a house yet? San Antonio is great.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wel, still working on the house hunt. Had a contract on one but couldn't quite meet up with the seller on some repairs. We're waiting to hear back about an offer we made today!
Fingers crossed!
And, I'll be darned if almost RIGHT after you wrote about the wax and clear coat, if I didn't see some little tiny spots where it is starting to come off the rear spoiler! Lol!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts