Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys, I'm new in this community. I'm planning to get this Insight maybe next week, I'm from Ireland (Dublin). I need some advice if this is worth buying, and what should I check before buying? Is it possible to replace the head unit because it is Japanese.

ZE2 Insight already has Rota Wheels and Mugen Kit, 12 Months free roadside assistance, 6 Month Warranty.

Year: 2009
Price: €5,950
Mileage: 147,263 Kms / 91,505 Miles

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
How much is it in $?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hhhhmmmmmm
Seems a little steep for 10 years old but the body kit and rims command a premium i suppose ... so long as the running gear is in good order its not a bad deal ... give it a good test drive and pour over the maintenance records if available ... it does look nice even as I'm not a fan of ostentatious wings

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hhhhmmmmmm
Seems a little steep for 10 years old but the body kit and rims command a premium i suppose ... so long as the running gear is in good order its not a bad deal ... give it a good test drive and pour over the maintenance records if available ... it does look nice even as I'm not a fan of ostentatious wings
Thank you so much I appreciate that, I will update you guys after I get the car. :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Does look like a very well kept car. How's the interior? Do kind of agree with the "ostentatious wing" comment. The rest looks great right down to the wheels! Do let us know if you purchase this Insight.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Does look like a very well kept car. How's the interior? Do kind of agree with the "ostentatious wing" comment. The rest looks great right down to the wheels! Do let us know if you purchase this Insight.
Still amazing i love it so much, very clean, engine is smooth, and the floor matting is legit Mugen also the body kit. Since the "ostentatious wing" is one with the package, I leave it as is, maybe If I remove it it will leave some mark on the trunk.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Super clean! Inside and out. Excellent find. Wing detachment would probably leave marks or holes of some sort on the hatch. Keeping it on is a good idea.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Those pictures are HUGH, or is it me. Please resize.
Thanks
willie

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Those pictures are HUGH, or is it me. Please resize.
Thanks
willie
Per the other thread, it's you. Pics resize automatically as they should.

Likely any adblocker software you may have installed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Super clean! Inside and out. Excellent find. Wing detachment would probably leave marks or holes of some sort on the hatch. Keeping it on is a good idea.
Yes, thank you so much. It is a set in Mugen Body Kit. This is the rear picture.

Here is the old commercial video of the Mugen Body Kit.

·
Super Moderator
6,958 Posts
Please click "quick links" above and then "edit details" to add a location to your avatar. It is traditional and it helps all involved particularly youself.

I think the car is a very nice example and the Mugen accessories add appeal. The wing might be a bit much, and is really nonfunctional at modest speeds, but I would only remove it if it can be done easily and without marks.

Congratulations on you new acquisition.:)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hello guys, I'm new in this community. I'm planning to get this Insight maybe next week, I'm from Ireland (Dublin). I need some advice if this is worth buying, and what should I check before buying? Is it possible to replace the head unit because it is Japanese.

ZE2 Insight already has Rota Wheels and Mugen Kit, 12 Months free roadside assistance, 6 Month Warranty.

Ref head unit,guy on adverts does it,and based in Dublin

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ok price

Hhhhmmmmmm
For Ireland it's an ok price,but modifications can hurt his insurance

·
Registered
317 Posts
Declan Gill

that Declan Gills garage santry?decent straight guy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that Declan Gills garage santry?decent straight guy
Yes, good guy he want us to leave the car in the garage, since I don't have a full license yet. Until now it is still parked there :) I just bought it ASAP because of the setup :) its really rare to see here in Ireland that has full Mugen Kit also the inside.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For Ireland it's an ok price,but modifications can hurt his insurance
We tried to quote it first for 4k since I am a learner first time driver, then we tried another insurance it goes down for 3.6k, then If I finish my 10 lessons of EDT I can get 20% of the insurance, as of now im in 3/12 EDT lessons.

If I only process first my International license, It's to late I am already here in Ireland, I could have drive this car out of the dealership hehehehe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts