Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wife drove car to work after 8 hours comes out car wont start.i put battery charger on battery and charged.(it had 25% charge on it when i started charging) .tried to start nothing. dash lights etc come on ,lights come on ok. check emission fault comes up.tried jump starting no go.read the codes got poA7f-powertrain,and pending faults po122-throttle/pedal position sensor/switch a circuit low input,po222 throttle/pedal position sensor/switch b circuit low input.car has around 170000. daily commute around 100 round trip highway mostly .any ideas on how to get started .or is my hybrid battery pack done?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
How many miles on it? You are the second person to report this issue. How old is the battery? (The one under the hood) that battery keeps the IMA system alive.
Have you had any of the software updates?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
The faults are uncharacteristic, totally unlike the low voltage christmas tree. I'd bring it to Honda if it were mine with that.
Maybe it is just a bad contact or loose plug on the instrument cluster or pedal, check the wire cables for loose ends or damage; especially the one leading to the throttle pedal.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Finish the story. Answer the questions. Put your location in your profile.
"It is always a good idea, when asking questions on an Internet forum, to give enough information for people to help you"
That is from an old video called: how to behave on an Internet forum. It was really funny.
Anyway, what I'm driving at is; the mileage this happened might matter. We are here to help not only you, but others with similar problems. So I'm looking for a patterns.

Back to my questions, how many miles on it now? How many when you bought it? Has it ever been to a Honda dealer since you bought it? Are you in the US, Canada? Europe? Insights were sold all over the world and we have members from all over the world. Warranties vary, even state to state in the US.

I agree with RedDevil, you are probably going to have to bite the bullet and see an actual Honda dealer. You might be surprised at how well that might go.
As I said in the other thread about this issue, old Insights high miles do not make as very good purchase like an old Civic or Accord would. They are just too complicated. The gen 1 owners are a different breed, tinkers who know their vehicles well. A used 2nd gen better have had all the software updates and frequent CVT fluid changes. Someone who drove the **** out of of one, did minimum maintenance themselves or at an independent garage and sold it to you dirt cheap is not doing you any favors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for replies .i will check for for bad connection ,bad battery.car was bought new has aprox 178000 .i know a lot of miles .again thanks for the replies

·
Super Moderator
4,690 Posts
Have the 12V *LOAD TESTED* to either confirm or eliminate it as the problem.

Sam

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
If you bought it new and you are in the US, you should have received a letter from Honda about the updates. I even got one, as a 2010 owner, about the rubber strips coming loose and the free fix. As my mechanic used to say, remember your car before it reminds you.

Do we not have some 2nd Insights that have gone way beyond 200k without IMA issues? Sounds like the updates are more than just nice to have. They may be critical to keeping the IMA alive long term.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had quite the experience today. I went to check the battery and check connections . didn't see anything obvious. so I decided to try and start the car . I turned the key and held it in the start position and miraculously it started. I started driving it to see if I could get the car home the car will only go 15 miles per hour at the most . I came to a hill and it wouldn't make it up the hill. I think it was in electric mode only. Just my luck a police officer came by help me push it off to the side of the road. I called a tow truck had a towed to honda hopefully it's not something too Major with a lot of miles it's not worth putting a lot of money into

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I want to thank you for reporting what it ended up being wrong. So many folks come here, ask aunch of questions and are never heard from again.
I hope the dealer service dept connected your Insight to HDS and applied any software updated that computer found.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
jcbesq
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing