Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I want to install a rear dash camera. For this I need to tap into a rear wire harness that has either switched power, or constant power (so I can use power magic pro). I was considering tail lights. But these won't come on unless they are triggered or on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I mentioned, they can't be switchable. I want power the ignition is on or when accessories position on is selected at the very least.

As far as i'm aware trunk lights would just be on when the lights are on - definitely not good for daytime :)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Rear dash cam? Do you mean like a back up camera? Folks usually use the back up lights to power that. You put it in reverse and the camera comes on.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Look at it and see. On the G1 the trunk light comes on whenever the trunk is open. The + side of that plug should be hot 24-7.

Sam

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes I know, the trunk light has a switch to turn it on anytime manually, so therefore it has your constant/always on 12v power. Then most dash cams turn on automatically with motion anyways so that would solve that issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The trunk light on my G2 comes on whenever the trunk is open. Is triggered by the latch acting as a switch. I thought of using that as a last resort. But I can imagine this being a huge pain to access and wire from? And also, I wouldn't be certain if both ground and live 12v was running through that anyways?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts