Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
12,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure where to post this, I am after a favour from a Insight enthusiast anywhere in the world with access to any salvage yards with a crashed/damaged Insight.

I own two UK spec 5 speed manual Insights, one a 2001 and one a 2002 model.

One of them is missing the little plastic cover which pops over the lower passenger side seat belt mounting bolt on the seat. Where the seat belt attaches to the seat base. It's grey plastic pop in, about 25mm diameter.

It's impossible to get new here, and would just add a finishing touch to the car as the bolt head is exposed at the moment, it's a very small minor detail but annoying me all the same. If anyone on the next salvage yard visit could get me one I would be grateful, I can re-imburse any cost/postage in cash or via paypal, or try to return the favour somehow.

Slightly more difficult and demanding I am after the upgraded BCM & MCM modules from a 2003 onwards Insight. Again if anyone can get these from a salvage vehicle I would be happy to meet expenses etc.

I hope someone will be able to assist me. I recently played host to a US EV enthusiast and his wife for a couple of days who were on a tour of the UK, I can certainly offer free Bed & Breakfast in beautiful North Yorkshire for a couple of days to anyone who visits the UK in the future and can help me with my requests. :)

Regards from the UK

I suggest you PM me directly with details if you can assist, thanks.

Peter

·
Registered
116 Posts
Peter,

There is a salvage yard not too far away from me - I can try them out and see if they have the little pop in deal you're looking for. I know exactly what you're talking about, as I had to remove that this past weekend so that my dog could lie on the floor during our "road trip".

As for the modules, I don't want to go near that. I'm not sure I'd be able to get exactly what you need... It would suck if I got you something wrong! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Peter

Believe it or not, there was a silver manual written-off (badly crash damaged) Insight on the UK eBay website recently being parted out. Do a search on Honda Insight and 'completed listings' then send the guy a message. He may also still have the IMA battery which you might find useful for your battery project.

Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts