Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used Wayland Super-shoebox sub (without instructions, of course), and I'm totally lost regarding how the sub enclosure itself is supposed to fit in the rear hatch area.

I've already removed the rear carpeting, the rear cardboard tray-like thingy over the spare tire, and the right-hand side plate covering the empty chamber to the right-rear of the high-voltage box. I tried sliding the sub enclosure in there at all different angles, but I can't even come close to figuring out how it's supposed to fit.

Does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions, pictures of it installed, words of encouragement, dumb looks, etc, etc?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I can't remember exactly how it went, but remove the spare tire and drop the speaker all the way down, twist in to the correct orientation then move back up and it should go in to it's spot.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys, especially Rick. Removing the spare tire was the missing piece of the puzzle. Everyone was right about this this box... You really appreciate the efficient use of space once the thing is installed.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Don't feel too bad, mine was installed for me, and even though I was watching I couldn't for the life of me, 2 years later, figure out how to get the dang thing out.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,882 Posts
music

So how much did the assembly weigh?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Willie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts