Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
A code reader is the only way to pull all of the codes. Some systems such as the ABS and A/C system have a way of retrieving codes without a code reader. A generic reader will retrieve most codes, but not all can be read as some are Honda (and Insight) specific. In any event, you need a service manual to tell what the code means. Why do you think you have a stored code? Do you have a MIL showing or another warning light on? Most codes can be cleared by disconnecting the 12 volt battery however on the Insight this is a problem as it forces a recall of the 144 volt battery and the engine idle system needs to be initalized again.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my husband is in the automotive business and said there should be some way to with a button and/or ignition combination (like holding the trip odometer down while turning the car's ignition from off to run 3 or 4 times) to display codes on the odometer.

any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Yes there is a way. It has been posted here before. Consists of counting flashing lights/displays. Once you get the number I'm sure someone here will interpret the code for you. I'll see if I can find something.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Or go to Auto Zone/Kragen/auto parts store and ask them to pull it for you. They SHOULD do it for free. They can sometimes tell you exactly what the code means, but with the Insight, they may not.

Once you get the code, list it here and I can do some research with some software I have on my computer.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
b1shmu63 said:
Yes there is a way. It has been posted here before. Consists of counting flashing lights/displays. Once you get the number I'm sure someone here will interpret the code for you. I'll see if I can find something.
This is what I am looking for, how to pull the code. Do you know what I should search for on the site? I will try a few things.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The engine light went off- i am assuming it was a gas cap issue since i have only 2100 miles on the car. However, it took 5 days to turn off, the manual said about 3, so that is why I started to worry. I printed up the information from your links for reference later on.

Thanks! (like always, you've been helpful)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts