Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need up to 3 hybrid owners to join us at the Great Race's stop in Lewisville, TX to show off your hybrid.

We have reserved spots for 3 lucky hybrid owners to join us and show off your car not too far from where the racers will be coming in. It'll be a great way to hang out and talk with the hybrid owners and share your experience with others who are at the Great Race celebration. It'll be our own little "Taste" of Hybridfest.

We'll supply the space; all you need to do is show up!

Where: Old Town in Lewisville, Texas
When: FRIDAY, July 6th
5:00 – 9:00 pm​
Delta Flyer (Chuck) will be helping to coordinate things on the ground day of the event. Thanks, Chuck!

Please send a private message to Delta Flyer or post your interest here on this thread. First three people get the spots.

Look forward to seeing you there!

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,918 Posts
The Little Red Rocket is on the launch pad with a countdown of 5 minutes.

Destination: Lewisville, Tx. (The Great Race)........1303 miles.

No response from anyone on this thread and a very vague PM received from "Delta Flyer" on 6/20.

I'll be cruiseing around the "old town" area in Lewisville Fri. around noon.
(Main and Mill St.............I think)

Hope to see someone there!

Willie 8)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Willie,

I will have info in 30 minutes

·
Registered
804 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Delta Flyer, I'll be there, looking forward to seeing you! :D

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
boogetyboogety said:
Delta Flyer, I'll be there, looking forward to seeing you! :D
Cool!

Do you have a 10x10 "easy up" canopy that you can bring?
I'm pretty sure Chuck doesn't have one and it would be a good thing to have at the event.

Take a lot of pictures! Seriously. Especially anything that includes the excellent banner that Chuck is having made up.

When you're at the "Taste" of Hybridfest event, be sure to look for Great Race driver Rich McKone and his beautiful green Aston Martin. Why? Well, after the Great Race is over he is shipping the car to Hybridfest in Madison where he'll talk about his upcoming conversion of the car to run on E85.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I am going to wear a Jeff Gordon NASCAR jacket, but in retrospect, should have gotten a JJ Yeley jacket (his sponsor is the same as the Great Race - Interstate Batteries).

Also have a HybridFest 2006 T-shirt.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
No luck on the canopy, I used to have a 12X12 gazebo-type thing with mosquito netting all around, but I looked in my shed and couldn't find it... I bet My Beloved garage-saled it in the dim past... :lol:

Now, pix I can do with a p/s digital camera, so there you go... see you in 9 hours... :D

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,918 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, but you were a little late, I was on the road for some time before you posted anything.
I "winged" it and arrived a day early (another Senior Moment), and using my prior investigative skills I got it all figured out.
The people of Lewisville treated us real good. Gave us a prime spot right next to the police display and three T birds. They even let us use a tent free.
The cars themselves were great, and definately worth the trip.
If you are into old cars, visit the Great Race site.

The Insights drew a lot of attention and was well received by all. Chuck passed out flyers and was an excellant salesperson. Many questions were asked and Joe and Chuck did their best to answer them. We even gave the Prius lady a schooling in "auto 101".

Chuck took numerous pictures,and he should be posting soon.
Got to close, I''m seeing double after the rocket return trip. (1303 miles in 30 hr.) I'll post more later........Willie

·
Registered
804 Posts
Willie,

It was great to have you there!

Meant to ask you how fast you can do 60mpg? Probably faster than anyone I know.

We had 3 silver Insights, one red turbo Insight, and one Prius II.

One of the antique cars was a truck that sort of looked like a 50's hot rod - powered by a Patton Tank engine - 2.7mpg. :shock: :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts