Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Working on pulling my oil pan.

I have removed AC compressor, belt tensioner and bracket, oil filter mount and 30mm long threaded nipple the oil filter screws onto, and three bolts holding some shrouds and this sensor on the passenger upper corner of oil pan.

I have been careful about putting each bolt away with its associated pieces, but I didnt notice this brass washer until I saw it on the ground.

Any ideas? Please call or text 916-204-6460

Thank you so much

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
Does that mean it came from my insight? Or was it just a random thing that fell from the engine bay
I'm so sorry. I could not resist. 😂

You had written that you had taken such care in disassembling, and yet still a random (and very shiny) brass washer appears. I don't think it gets any more perfect than that.

I have no idea where that washer came from. Normally Murph delivers trouble. In your case, I think this is his form of an apology, given all that he is putting you through.

I have found over many years of working on cars, doing demos for clients, etc, that if you don't acknowledge Murphy, he will make his presence known. I would suggest putting the washer on your key ring as a good luck charm.

Best,
Sean

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

You had written that you had taken such care in disassembling, and yet still a random (and very shiny) brass washer appears. I don't think it gets any more perfect than that.

I have no idea where that washer came from. Normally Murph delivers trouble. In your case, I think this is his form of an apology, given all that he is putting you through.

I have found over many years of working on cars, doing demos for clients, etc, that if you don't acknowledge Murphy, he will make his presence known. I would suggest putting the washer on your key ring as a good luck charm.

Best,
Sean
Haha, you know what, that's a great idea. I'll put it on my keys if it doesn't fit in those plastic shrouds on the back of the oil pan! I also finally got the joke, like Murphys Law :D

·
Super Moderator
1,767 Posts
The washer is a spacer that goes between the plastic cover that covers the crankshaft sensor and the oil pan.

Scott

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm 100% certain Scott is correct on this... we should have a "name that part" contest at the next InsightFest... see if we can stump Scott on anything.
That would be fun! I have only just began my insight journey, so I would only know the basics.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Wow.... Only Scott would know that.... from years of experience. Probably has also had the experience: “where did that washer come from?”
(Probably an important washer too - as spacers can be critical.)

·
Registered
2 Posts

Best,
Sean
What a beautiful explanation :) and now I know why my dad used to tell me (during auto mechanic work): "You know the job was done right when you have parts leftover" lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts