Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my son in law is driving my 2000 insight......today ima lite came on but everything appears to be working no loss of power...charging lites working
he was using econ ac at time?...my car has over 97k on it ......whats causing lite to come on? :?:

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
The IMA light means something has malfunctioned on the IMA system or something is out of spec. I've heard of a similar scenario happen before where IMA still works, but eventually stops working. You could try resetting it by disconnecting the 12 volt battery for a few minutes and reconnecting it, but that comes with no guarantee that will do anything.

Honda dealerships are likely going to be the only place you'll be able to find a place that has the proper diagnostic equipment for the IMA system. They'll naturally want an arm and a leg for the repair. You should be able to find a decent shape used pack out of a wreck for a lot less than a new Honda one.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I would think twice before disconnecting the 12V battery.

The only way to really find out what is wrong is to take it to the dealer and have a diagnostic scanner plugged in and the code(s) read. If you disconnect 12V power for a few seconds, the stored IMA code will be lost.

Once you have the IMA code, you can make an informed decision what your course of action should be. You are past warantee, so nothing will be free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts