Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2010 Insight and would like to install a leather cover on my steering wheel. I would be using the genuine Honda part (buy it from eBay or something). My question is: how difficult is this to install on your own? Is this something I'd have to take to a dealer to install, or would I be able to install the cover without any special equipment? Also, does anyone know if the part comes with installation instructions, or can anyone on this forum provide me with the necessary instructions to install it?

I'm not sure if this topic has been covered elsewhere on this forum, but I wasn't able to find an answer when I looked. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
I put one on my geo metro from the advance auto store. It was fairly simple. You just put the sleeve around the steering wheel then lace it up like a pair of shoes.It took 45 minites and is a great way to cover up a cracked old steering wheel.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Instructions can be found on the College Hills Honda website:

http://collegehillshonda.com/instructions/insight/2010/steeringwheelcover.pdf

Personally, I had the dealer install it, but if I had a "do over", I would try to install it myself. The dealer botched the job the first time, I took the car back in and they had to re-order the part instead of just re-lacing it, so I had to take it in a 3rd time to get it done right. Ended up eating up about 5-6 hours of my time, and installation cost as much as the part :-/

·
Registered
126 Posts
Instructions can be found on the College Hills Honda website:

http://collegehillshonda.com/instructions/insight/2010/steeringwheelcover.pdf

Personally, I had the dealer install it, but if I had a "do over", I would try to install it myself. The dealer botched the job the first time, I took the car back in and they had to re-order the part instead of just re-lacing it, so I had to take it in a 3rd time to get it done right. Ended up eating up about 5-6 hours of my time, and installation cost as much as the part :-/
Geesh, what is there to mess up. Slip on cover, lace up, done. Your dealer must have total morons working for them. I rather do those things myself not only to save money but to know that it has been done right the first time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts