Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving to work the other day at the typical 55-60 mph, and my mait req'd light flashed for a few seconds, then went away :eek:

i drove it home from work with no light

havent driven it for a few days(been riding the motorcycle since it was so nice), but today, i started it, and the light flashed again for a few seconds, and went off...havent seen it again since

any ideas? i was gonna check my fuel cap, but forgot and dont wanna go back out in the t-storm...

help :? :shock:

im goin to the stealership 1st thing in the morning, as i dont wanna break my baby...so any help ASAP would be great, so i can go in w/ as much knowledge as possible

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,921 Posts
All the blinking service light means is that service is due soon (within 500 miles I think.) When it comes on steady that means the service is due Now.

Ain't Hi Tech wonderful. You don't hardly have to "think" anymore.

Willie

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oooo....thanks so much...now i can sleep in tomorrow...i dont have to go to the dealer 1st thing in the morning :D

·
Registered
366 Posts
You can reset it yourself. The method is the same as the S2000 I believe and here is how we reset tha tone:

Thanks to the immortal xviper:
To reset the MAINTENANCE REQUIRED light (As indicated by the light that says, "MAINT REQU'D"):
- Have key inserted in ignition but in the OFF or LOCKED position.
- Push and hold the trip reset button on the right bottom corner of your gauge clutster.
- Turn key to full ON position and continue holding the button till the light goes off.
-(This part has been added for those who are impatient or who have the light only at the "blinking" stage and not yet solid.) KEEP HOLDING THE BUTTON FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS TO BE SURE OF A POSITIVE RESET. Or maybe just be patient and wait till the light is on all the time before doing this.
- (Some manuals may be a bit off in that they do not tell you to turn the key to the ON position.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts