Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so today driving to work my battery guage goes to 100% full for no reason at all. i was confused but thinking, thats cool i guess.

buut during lunch time, i was driving to lunch and all of a sudden i have NO battery. as im pushing on the gas, the car is baarely accelerating. as im trying to accelerate, there is no ASST but the charge is quarter green. so basically im trying to accelerate, barley moving, and there is a small amount of charge (while accelerate). I then drop it off at the nearest mechanic, so anyways what does this mean?

please dont tell me i need to buy a new battery package.

WHAT DO I DO!?

·
Registered
231 Posts
It's possible that your battery is recalibrating itself. If so, this is normal behavior. Just keep driving, and see if the battery charges itself back up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You've probably long since resolved your issues, but please know that I experienced similar symptoms with a loose battery cable (on the 12V). I was pretty surprised that that was all it was...

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
You've experienced a "recalibration". It's normal enough, don't worry too much about it happening occasionally. Next time just downshift to make up the slack in the power.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Rick's right,
You don't need electric assist then the engine is above 4500 RPM :badgrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts