Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

They are sending us a free replacement battery even though it is out of warranty! Really great people!

I have ALS and will definitely need someone to install it.

It’s supposed to arrive in three-five weeks. About November 15, 2019 to December 15, 2019.

·
Super Moderator
1,551 Posts
If you read the title it says, Bumblebee.

If you can’t find someone between now and the time you battery comes in let me know, I might be up for a road trip.

Scott

·
Premium Member
9,878 Posts
Hover over his avatar, and by magic, his location will be shown. Please include your location in your profile, Thank You.
Willie

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,

They are sending us a free replacement battery even though it is out of warranty! Really great people!

I have ALS and will definitely need someone to install it.

It’s supposed to arrive in three-five weeks. About November 15, 2019 to December 15, 2019.
Buy me plane ticket and I'll be right over. I'm retired so available when ever.

·
Super Moderator
7,201 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Bumblebee has a list of trusted installers. They may have someone in your immediate area. I'd send them an e-mail and just ask. Unfortunately I'm on the other coast and don't know of anyone in your immediate area.

It would be a bit of a drive, but maybe you could take some time off for a road trip and drive up to Portland and have Bumblebee install it.

It comes with installation instructions and isn't particularly difficult, and not dangerous IF you follow the installation instructions. Almost any pair of neighborhood teenagers could do it. Once the main switch is turned off for 10 minutes or so, there are no dangerous exposed points to shock.

A 3/8 socket set is needed. The only special tool is a T30 Torx in 3/8" drive for the 6 special bolts along the side of the lid. This tool is widely available at hardware stores and auto stores.

·
Registered
466 Posts
For anyone finding themselves in the position of needing to swap a battery pack, if you are the least bit handy and have a few tools (Jime mentioned what), here's an excellent how-to. Thanks to Jeff at Hybrid Automotive for providing this. I did mine with my laptop handy consulting the next step as I went along. Good description and photos of each operation. I understand the OP can't do this himself due to special circumstances, but for the rest of us, it's definitely feasible.

Remove and install G1 Insight battery pack

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow, I am very surprised by the willingness of this community to help, no wonder I have owned 4 of these things! I agree, swapping out the battery really isn't that hard, but the OP stated that it would be very hard for him to do. If you were closer I too would be willing to help. Best of luck!

·
Super Moderator
1,551 Posts
In post #3 I have offered to assist. It’s several hundred miles of drive. All the OP has to do is make contact with me. It appears he has not been back since making this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts