Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a minor hiccup, or blip, from 2,000RPM - 4,000RPM. It occurs randomly within this range. The more throttle input you give, the stronger you feel it. When you run the AC the issue is twice as bad. Sometimes you notice the RPM needle split second stop or dip 50-100RPMs. This all happens under consistent load. No lights or codes. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Suggest new spark plugs if they have never been replaced.

HTH
Willie

·
Super Moderator
6,883 Posts
It occurs randomly within this range. The more throttle input you give, the stronger you feel it. When you run the AC the issue is twice as bad. Sometimes you notice the RPM needle split second stop or dip 50-100RPMs. This all happens under consistent load. No lights or codes. [email protected]
I think any miss will be accentuated by high throttle and AC load. Since you say you saw quick dips in a gauge, I'd do a quick check for electrical problems which might be causing the 12V supply to be erratic. Ground cables come to mind. There are two under the air filter- engine/transmission to frame, and of course the 12V battery cables. Give them all a good tug and make sure they are sound. Are both of the terminal clamps clean and tight?

·
Super Moderator
4,728 Posts
This is a 2010. I'm not sure we have much experience with hesitation on these. I agree with starting with spark plugs and 12V.

Sam

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking at the 12v ground now. Looks and feels solid. I don't think I can get under to the secondary ground with out putting it up. I do see that wiring though. No major or minor corrosion. I pondered upon the fact it may be spark plugs. I am eager to see what Honda has to say on Monday.

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Pull a plug and you will probably see a very large "spark" gap.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
So, have the plugs been replaced? You say it has 148k on it, when did you buy it? What is the age and condition of the 12 volt battery?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honda ran this car on diagnostics for 40 minutes, and in that timeframe she missed 39 times. Honestly my service advisor didn't know what to do. He asked me, "Have you changed the spark plugs?". Well based on what we discussed I did and as I thought, it thoroughly smoothed out the issue. Although power is restored throughout the band, I am certain I can still feel it miss here and there randomly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, have the plugs been replaced? You say it has 148k on it, when did you buy it? What is the age and condition of the 12 volt battery?
I have owned the car since 133k. I bought it from the family business and they got it ballpark around 50k. Their shop isn't afraid to do necessary work. The 12v is a Duralast Gold with less than 2.5 years on it. Have not tested the voltage. Do you recommend doing so with an issue as such?

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Have your 12V battery "Load Tested" just as a precaution.

Drive it like you stole it for a while. Maybe the CAT is getting clogged because of the prior heavy missing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have your 12V battery "Load Tested" just as a precaution.

Drive it like you stole it for a while. Maybe the CAT is getting clogged because of the prior heavy missing.
Sounds about right. I will ride it out for now. What kind of CATs do you recommend on here?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts