Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed their bulbs to be the HID style? Saw some on the net for sale and was thinking about it.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
try the yahoo group

Clayton has installed them in his Insight. There are some pictures in the "Photos" section of the honda-hybrid group. Also search the archives for his posts. (it was a while ago, though...)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, I have them (real ones, not the fake blue bulbs). As I have told others, I feel that they are not worth what most people (even Ebay prices) want for them. I have wholesale connections and was able to get them for what I considered was a reasonable price. One thing that most do not like is that you do lose your high beams. Here in Arizona it is not a big deal but I could see where some would find it to be a problem. Another problem is that I do occasionally have other drivers flash their brights at me thinking that mine are on. On new cars that utilize HID's, they use a projector assembly to ensure that the light beam is focused on the road and not into the eyes of oncoming traffic. I have corrected some for this by aiming my headlights a little down but it did not completely take care of it. Here is a comparison photo between my car and my parent's Insight (I am obviously on the left):

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW, what a difference!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Because this type of headlamp housing does not focus the beam very well, I didn't install an HID system. Too much glare for oncoming traffic. . .

Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts