Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I jst wanted to share information below,

“Any unrestrained object in the car can be a potential problem,” says Sean Kane, president of Safety Research & Strategies, Inc. “The two main factors are how fast the car decelerates or even how fast you’re braking and what the mass or shape of the object is….Objects in the vehicle do become projectiles, they do not decelerate with the vehicle.”

“In 2001, an estimated 13,000 crashes occurred in which an unrestrained object caused injury to an occupant,” says Kane. He recommends that parents use whatever means possible in the vehicle to secure unrestrained cargo and minimize carrying heavy unrestrained objects.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I guess, but I am slightly confused. First, many on this forum are ladies, not just "guys". Are you an Insight owner or enthusiast? What city are you from? I do not consider your subject matter to be any kind of "hidden danger on the car", but common sense of securing carried items in any car. Why, in your very first post, do you remind us of this? Rather, I would enjoy being enlightened or entertained with some Insight related info. Just curious, Billy.......

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yes, loose objects are potentially lethal in any vehicle.

Actually, being smaller makes the Insight safer in this respect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How many times have we noticed box speakers resting on the rear dash/shelf of cars?

Some folks have no sence at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi again , thanks for your warm welcome Billy :)) Yes I do own a Insight and I am a lady myself . I copied the article from a baby safety forum. (I have a 5 month old baby. )

Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions and don't forget to restrain the small items on your car

Meriam :?:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts