Honda Insight Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
I was wondering if assist started to become current limited as the voltage neared the pack peak, or if the peak IMA motor voltage is so far above the pack peak it doesn't matter.

What would be really instructive would be the waveform of the IGBT driver circuit, particularly how it changes as pack voltage increases and at high pack voltage, over the range of engine RPM. While logging assist current. Your Saleae may be able to record that on the connector between the IGBT module and its controller.

·
Administrator
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I appreciate you want lots of data sean. ;) But i'm snowed under as usual.

Can you gather info from your own car first so we have a standard IMA setup baseline.
Then you can demonstrate the process and I will follow your technique and do the same on an LTO car.
(Not the 96 cell one see below)

Connecting into the wires between the voltage converter module (VCM) and the IGBT itself is not trivial and the MDM has to come out and apart. Did you mean that?

I/you might be able to look at the signals from the MCM to the VCM they are more easily accessible.

I'm not going to have the 96 cell setup for much longer.
It will shortly be reverted to a standard 72 cell in preparation for the UK LTO bulk purchase.

96 cells is fun but right on the ragged edge and unlikely to be reliable enough long term for most people.
So I am not going to keep it like that much longer anyway.

·
Administrator
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
The 96 cell setup has now been pulled and reduced to 72 cell for testing all the electronics for the UK group purchase.

Technical details about that will be posted in the UK Bulk Purchase thread.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts