Honda Insight Forum banner

Highest milage Gen2

6K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Garrydhu 
#1 ·
Wow, I think I found the highest milage Gen2? Was looking on Carsforsale and found this, wondered why it was so cheap. Assumed it was a salvage title at first but no, just high milage. Is a 2010 with 165,000 miles on it, one owner. Can anyone claim higher milage? I wonder if it is the original IMA battery?

2010 Honda Insight, Used Cars For Sale - Carsforsale.com

#2 ·
I expect that it will be the original. Isn't it age and infrequent use that typically wears them out?

If have thought that very low mileage examples would be more likely to have ima problems.

Sent from my MB526 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#3 · (Edited)
#4 ·
#7 ·
My tuppence worth - just rejoined this site after a few years absence, had changed email address and lost password. I have had my 2010 ES-T since 2015, done 50,000 miles with me, now reading 82,000 miles. I’m impressed with some of the inter-galactic mileages being reported here. This is the best car I have ever had, and my best Honda after a 1st. gen. CRV and a FRV - and they were good. I have saved £1,300 in Vehicle Tax over the these previous cars in these 5 years. Only issues have been a binding rear brake, (fixed) - and a deer strike in January resulting in a new bonnet, grille and plastic bits. Everyone who travels in it is impressed with the smoothness,quiet and comfort. Driving the car is always a pleasure, boring it is not - whatever folk might think. The shape, wind tunnel designed, is timeless, reminiscent of a Citroen GS I used to have - also designed to cut the air. After 5 years I sometimes look at other cars, but I’ve yet to be persuaded to part with this - without shelling out mega££s there is nothing better.

#9 ·
SW:
If you are "riding my car" I hope you are hanging on real tight. "Being on the wheel and feeling the wind in your hair" means you have a ventilation problem if you are riding in the car..
(Sorry, the MEDS made me do it.)

#12 ·
I'm the original owner of my 2011 LX and the ole girl has 82k miles on her (yes I asked and she prefers female pronouns!)...still love driving it and the hatch is awesome when I load up with stuff from home depot...runs like a top and nothing done besides routine maintenance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.