Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gen 2 mileage

53k miles
42mpg average since purchase, never better than 46, never worse than 40. I run it kinda hard. US

·
Registered
9 Posts
How many miles have you driven your gen two? Bought a 2010 EX 6 months ago as my wife's new ride at 33,400 and am now over 46K. We drive a a lot...

Major repairs? none

Average fuel economy? around 47

Best fuel economy? around 58 for a 10 mile stretch, I average over 50 whenever I drive the car. My wife drives it like a regular car and averages around 46

Worst fuel economy? ~42

Other comments? 44psi on all 4. no mods.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thought I'd weigh in here as you look for high mileage gen 2's. I purchased my 2010 gen 2 in 2009 literally right out of the showroom. At present, I have over 408,000 miles on this vehicle without any major issues. Other than general maintenance, brakes, shocks/struts, tires and spark plugs/coils the car is in tip-top shape and has never left me stranded on the side of the road. I'm on my 3rd hood...mostly deer, and my second windshield...mostly gravel trucks. Ok, the front driver panel is slightly wrinkled...wife backed into car in driveway. I'm very proud of my 2nd Gen Insight and continues to serve me well with an average 45mpg. Looking at topping over 500,000 on this vehicle.

·
Registered
2010, gen 2 Insight
1 Posts
Thought I'd weigh in here as you look for high mileage gen 2's. I purchased my 2010 gen 2 in 2009 literally right out of the showroom. At present, I have over 408,000 miles on this vehicle without any major issues. Other than general maintenance, brakes, shocks/struts, tires and spark plugs/coils the car is in tip-top shape and has never left me stranded on the side of the road. I'm on my 3rd hood...mostly deer, and my second windshield...mostly gravel trucks. Ok, the front driver panel is slightly wrinkled...wife backed into car in driveway. I'm very proud of my 2nd Gen Insight and continues to serve me well with an average 45mpg. Looking at topping over 500,000 on this vehicle.
Wow!!! That's a lot of mileage!!! I've just bought my 2nd gen 2010(second hand) from a guy in Nederlands(230000 km) and after 4000 km of me driving it, the average consumption is around 5l/km here in Romania. Hope i will reach your mileage, because i love the car and i want to keep it as long as i can without major repairs.
PS: sorry about my english 😁

21 - 25 of 25 Posts