Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just got a phone call saying my 'hybrid vehicle' was involved in a 'hit and run accident'.

wtf?

had i been in a hit and run, my car would have dented since the insight is aluminum. Unless someone hit me, which i doubt because my car has no dents on it.

has anyone else been hassled by cops before because of your insight?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Maybe someone saw your car near the scene of one and you didn't even know it and they wrote your plate down and happened to read the decal on the rear of the car? I would invite the police to come out and take a look at your car and show them that nothing has hit it. You should probably do this soon too so that you wouldn't have had ample time to get it repaired if it had hit anything.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i took care of it. i called the cop back and i met him at the police station, showed him that there were no dents, and explained how it would have dented had a car hit me. he believed me and let me carry on.

G

·
amplifiedmouse said:
yeah, i took care of it. i called the cop back and i met him at the police station, showed him that there were no dents, and explained how it would have dented had a car hit me. he believed me and let me carry on.
Weird. I would think if someone was close enough to read your plate and the gasoline/electric hybrid decal it would be quite clear to them that you were not involved in an accident.

Maybe another Insight owner was involved in a hit and run, and the police, knowing there are very few Insights around, are just going down "the list" until they find the right one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts