Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body have any advice on why my MPG went from 52 to 44. I checked out all air passages and air filter. No mechanical damage to the vehicle on first glance. all superficial. I am having the wheels realigned but that can't be the reason the mileage went down. The hit was the right front and wiped out the head light, bent the radiator support but no other observable damge internally. Could the shock of a sudden impact disconnect any electrical relays, etc?

I need a list of things to check.

thanks a billion in advance

Dennis

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did you just get the car back? How many miles have you put on it since the repairs. It could just be the ECU has to relearn values for the climate, driving style, etc...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its been a week since I picked it up and this is the 4th day I have driven it back and forth to work. I drive 85 miles one way. If i reset the computer (is this advisable) I would think that it would relearn from that point.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Or it could simply be the lower winter temperatures / winter fuel mix kicking in? Did the mechanics drop your tyre pressures? These type of things, combined with your sensitivity for your Insight after the crash might explain the 8 MPG difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts