Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, last night while pulling into a store, I misjudged my distance from the 7 inch curb. Needless to say I slammed the right front tire over it at about 15 MPH. I pulled all the way in to find the front tire flat.

So in the rain I put on the spare, quite sure that I bent something beyond repair. The car pulled to the right when ever I breaked. I spent most of the night wondering where I would find a tire on a Sunday.

I called Firestone at 9:00am. They had 4 Potenza RE92 165/65 in stock. I drove over, and got them put on. The rim wasn't bent (Thank God). And the alignment wasn't too bad. I had them align the front end and all is good now.

From what I hear, Firestone keeps a good stock of tires. The tires were 67.99 each so after mounting and balancing it ran 366.00 for all four corners. With an alignment it was 495.00. Not a bad deal to have my baby happy again.

The ride is much better now, and I will have to let you know about the MPG.

BMC
2000 Insight Silver
69.5 LMPG

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Nice to read a happy ending story. So the car can take a hit witout much damage. To have the tire deflate, it was still a good hit.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Got a similar story: Due to my neglegence rotating the tires, the right front one blew on I35E in Dallas back in summer 2005 after only 35,000 miles. Fortunately, the Richardson Firestone had a set just like the OEM set. Being located next to Lute Riley - a very big Honda dealership probably had something to do with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a pretty good hit. I scraped the bottom of the bumper pretty good, but you would have to be under the car to see it. The tire had a two inch hole in the sidewall when all was said and done.

I read about people that hit pot holes and complain that the suspension is shot afterward, but I just don't see how. I have to assume that the suspension is made of steel just like every other car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts