Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided to start a new post so that it is more focused for site searching on this website. Insight Trekker or other admin, please lock the OTHER post and keep this one open

Taken from an internal service bulletin dated March 31, 2006
Honda Canada INTERNAL bulletins
"WARRENTY EXTENSION: IMA BATTERY PREMATURE DETERIORATION DTC P1447 OR 1449

The IMA battery may be susceptible to premature deterioration in which case the MIL will be illuminated and DTC P1447 or P1449 can be retrieved. The warranty period on the IMA battery is extended to 10 years or 240,000km, whichever comes first.

AFFECTED VEHICLES:

200-2004 .............. ALL"

When my main computer is up and running I will scan this and post it for you to read and download

Other interesting information in service bulletins I have recieved

these i will also scan and post

-Pass. Side Airbag recall
-Window Down fuction
-EVAP bypass solenoid valve
-EMISSIONS RECALL NOT CORRECTLY IDENTIFING THE LAF 02 SENSOR

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Ummm, Ok. But how about some identifying information RE the "bulletin" :?: Release date, ID number etc.

Some way of independently confirming your findings would be approprate don't you think :?: And in any case given the many posts regarding IMA battery pack replacement pre 80K miles (110Kish Km) it isn't really earthshaking news either. But it is valuable information for fellow Insighters even though it _may_ only apply to Canadian Insights. :(

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Insightful Trekker said:
Ummm, Ok. But how about some identifying information RE the "bulletin" :?: Release date, ID number etc.

Some way of independently confirming your findings would be approprate don't you think :?: And in any case given the many posts regarding IMA battery pack replacement pre 80K miles (110Kish Km) it isn't really earthshaking news either. But it is valuable information for fellow Insighters even though it _may_ only apply to Canadian Insights. :(
Fine, Here it is a photograph i just took with my digital camera

56K Beware, this is 127K

http://www.hondasucks.ca/best/imawarrenty.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
I received a letter today from Honda Canada for the warranty extension. The letter was exactly like the one posted by Getshocked.ca (except without the word SUCKS stamped across it).

Here's the first part of the letter for those who don't want to read from the photo:

Honda Motor Co. Ltd has determined that your vehicle is affected by a Warranty Extension.

What is the problem?
The IMA battery in certain 2000-04 Insights could suffer premature deterioration. If this were to occur, the Check Engine light will be illuminated and your dealer will be able to retrieve certain specific codes related to the IMA battery.

The warranty period for the IMA battery is extended to 10 years or 240,000 km, whichever comes first.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation Liam :!: :D

Doesn't seem like Honda CA is keeping any secrets if their sending out letters. :)

Now if only American Honda does the same...

And downlaoder has also confirmed the same in this thread here:

Ima warranty extension
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=4579

A more fitting thread to continue the discussion. Sorry Stephen but you chose to fragment (multipost) your topic (again), locking.

Please post on topic replies in the above linked thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.