Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Honda is looking for owners of its Insight petrol-electric hybrid coupe who have clocked up a high mileage - and it will give a free Civic IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) hybrid to the owner of a 100,000 mile-plus Insight whose car is judged to be in the best condition. "

http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news- ... s_id=10873

Looks like Honda want to pull apart a car to see how it deals with UK roads!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't think so...if they wanted to know that they wouldn't pick the best condition one, they would want a typical condition one. Most likely they want to do a piece of marketing to offset the recent claims that hybrids suffer more problems than traditional cars.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
"driver doing an average 20,000 miles a year could save nearly £3,400 in fuel and BIK tax"

£17,000 savings in 5 years! Enough to buy a new car? With numbers like that you don't need bikini babes. :wink:

I believe Toyota did the same with a taxi driver in Vancouver who had high mileage on his 1st generation Prius.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
This is also on the TopGear website. A good offer to anyone over 100,000 miles on their Insight.

Mark Elvin? Dgate?

G

·
0 Posts
Hi All:

___You aren’t going to believe this but the UK Insighter they found turned down the new Civic Hybrid! Larsb of Greenhybrid/Edmunds posted the following link …

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/2004_sept ... 4/4535.asp

___At least he received a new Insight by the sounds of it. Lucky SOB ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:3krc1f4e][email protected][/email:3krc1f4e]

·
Registered
303 Posts
a RIOT:

xcel said:
Hi All:

___You aren’t going to believe this but the UK Insighter they found turned down the new Civic Hybrid! Larsb of Greenhybrid/Edmunds posted the following link …
But of course.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Smart man! The Insight probably costs at least twice as much to produce as the Civic IMA. It is much rarer, will last longer, gets better gas mileage, may become a collectors car and looks unique. No offence to those who buy a Civic, as there are many good reasons to do so, but if you really like the Insight, and are OK with its limitations, then nothing else out there really compares, period!

G

·
0 Posts
Hi B1shmu63:

___I wouldn’t exactly trade my own Insight even up for an HCH either (well in two or three months I would ;)) but in terms of a bottom line cost scenario, a new $20,000 automobile for a used $7,000 one seemed like a no-brainer to me. At least he received a brand new $20,000 + Insight which in terms of the bottom line is better then excellent!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:u48e6xwm][email protected][/email:u48e6xwm]

G

·
0 Posts
I racked up 40,000 miles in my first year of Insight ownership, but since the change of job recently I am now only doing 3000 a year.

Still, at least the old girl will be clean from now on.

·
Registered
348 Posts
".........There's absolutely no detailed information available about this - design, price, launch date or anything else - but Honda says that "at some point in the future" we'll see a new IMA model specifically styled for Europe........"

Now THAT'S some news !! Wonder WHAT we'll see this side of the Atlantic !?
I bet the Insight II won't make it here and they'll bring a 3/5-door Civic Hybrid, made in Swindon. Not that I have something against Swindon, but if I want to buy an English car I would buy myself a Rover.

I still get the creeps thinking of the English-Made Honda Legends and Honda Concertos............ :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts