Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you know that I am at 275 000 KM... I just get my Insight back yesterday... it was at the dealer since october... waiting for a brand new set of battery (the back one) + all the electronic kit...

it broke... I try a used one, but dosent work...

finally, after weeks and try and a 2 pages letter to Honda Canada, I got a deal...

Honda Canada decide to pay all my invoice.... an max total of 8 000$ CND value....
and my dealer Honda St-Jean, Quebec made all the job... at no profit.

So I would like to thanks them.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I don't mean to be a jackass, but that's ridiculous. We're talking about a car with almost 300,000 KM here. The mere fact that Honda replaced your battery pack is a severe kick in the face for all of us who have gone through HELL to get support while STILL IN WARRANTY.

What are the circumstances of this failure and why did you write them a letter for a car that is 2.75x out of warranty?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, my point of view was not about my out-of-date warranty.... but the price of everything.... I told them that its ridiculous to charge 8000$ for that... I can change a whole civic engine at least TWICE for that price...

I argue about the cost of every price... they want to promote the GREEN-EARTH-ENVIRONMENT, but customers dont want that at that cost... An Honda are supposed to be good until 500 000 km....

Thats the point... lol lower the price and continue to promote environment, Honda...and help us..

When you have a problem, dont send an email or give a few call.... write to them....

Fred

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
On my first Honda, a 1980 Prelude, Honda replaced the entire suspension for free. The car was 10 years old at the time and had no extended warranty! :shock: The job should have cost 1,600 dollars. :D

On my 1989 CRX which I owned concurrently with the Prelude, at 5 years 11 months, Honda replaced a radiator and alternator for free when they failed. The third party insurance I had had gone out of buisness but Honda picked up the bill for well over $1,000. :shock: :D

I never so much as raised my voice, and this happened at two different dealers. In the second case I had not even bought the car from them. Is it a surprise that I bought a third Honda? I have had no trouble with the IMA system and my Insight delivers outstanding mileage. :D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I had a windshield replaced in my Miata a couple of months ago and it cost $275. Two fan belts in my Protege cost over $200 to replace. Brake job on Protege, $1200 to replace disks and calipers.

Cars are expensive. The days of $3.50 ignition point sets and $12 brake pad sets are long gone...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Well then it's no wonder that Honda didn't supply me with parts under warranty, since they were giving them away to everyone without warranty coverage. :(

But I'll make note of this thread if I ever need a battery replacement.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Aaron, there seems to be a fair amount of dealer latitude when it comes to helping out the customer. If the service manager or your sales rep are willing to argue your case with Honda you have a better chance. That said, if I had the impression that they didn't care I would look for another dealership. The one I presently frequent seems to have a good attitude. The parts fellow always seems glad to see me even though I usually just want him to get the price for a part for a future project (like switches for a cruise control, or an adaptor cable for the radio). Some of the sales staff seem genuinely interested in dicussing hybrids. Their service rates are better than another dealership too. I haven't had to test them regarding warranty issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
b1shmu63 said:
Aaron, there seems to be a fair amount of dealer latitude when it comes to helping out the customer. If the service manager or your sales rep are willing to argue your case with Honda you have a better chance.../...quote]

you're 100% right

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe

now my Honda Insight 2000 have almost 430 000 km!!! The IMA start again to open their light on my board... but here a trick: when happen, unplog the batterie for 20 secondes, then, drive carefully, and the light wont turn on. :p

When you drive with a big load on the battery, the AMP and heat on them will turn on the failure light, so if you have an "ECO" drive, you will extend your battery live.

in 2010 I buy the Honda Insight 2010 blue smurf, and I love it.

last month I buy an Nissan LEAF 2012! (43 000$)! So now, I have 3 Ecologic car!

2 hybrids and 1 car 100% electric (EV)

I love it.... I hope Honda will make a better one for cheaper price in 5 years! :)

Fred

1 - 9 of 9 Posts