Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Vancouver Honda today getting the ECM updated and the Service Manager showed me a Honda TSB to replace the parking brake handle with an updated design. The TSB applies to 2000 and 2001 (336 cars) and is supposed to correct a sticking release button. I have had no problems in this reguard but will be getting mine done this week.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Does this TSB only apply to Canadian Insight's or is it eventually going to hit all of us with 00's and 01's? I have not had any problems with the parking brake handle but I always like getting new free stuff for the car from Honda :wink:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well I have noticed a "sticky" feeling after releasing the parking brake and starting to roll in reverse. It feels like the car is stuck to the ground. The problem I am experiencing (from time to time) is not with the handle button though.
~Martin
Recycled
2000 5 Spd

·
Registered
31 Posts
I received a notice in the mail about this issue, so it isn't just the Canadian ones. I made an appointment for Tuesday. Haven't noticed it happening, but might as well let them fix it right?

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
I got the notice as well, one or two weeks ago. Would have posted about it but InsightCentral.net was offline. I haven't seen the symptoms and so haven't bothered to bring it in yet.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was having a problem with the button sticking early last winter, but it seems to have corrected itself as I've not had the problem in several months. The way I read the notice I received, it seemed to me that they were issuing a service bulletin but not a recall. Does that sound right to anyone else? I took it to mean that if I want it replaced that I can have that done without charge to me but that its not a "required" repair such as the recall on the ECU's, which were needed for emissions compliance. I do plan on asking my dealer about it when I take my Insight in for its next service, which should be in a couple of months or so.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the update done this week. I called the service dept and told them if Honda doesn't require the old parts that I want them back. I don't like the feel of the new mechanism. It feels heavy and doesn't return fully when released (kind of hangs up and has to be pushed to the floor). It may just need some use to loosen up but if it doesn't I will consider putting the origional back. I'll be interested in seeing what others think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts