Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Well, that was a waste of 30 seconds. I see it was 2.55 but I quit. I got like a frame every 4 seconds of a hairy guy picking up 2 kids from school driving a honda hatch back 4 door. Normally youtube videos play pretty well on my system and its 15 down 5 up. :confused:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm yeah I don't know. I'm using Chrome on OSX 10.9.7.

If you press the R key it switches between the Type R Civic and the normal one. Pretty cool video experience. I ended switching between the two to the beat of the music.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Im waiting for the retina display to come to the mac air before I buy one. Otherwise Ill just get an ipad air 1 this holiday.

Havent tried the raspberry pi or surface 2 tablet. Something to do this stormy weekend. :)

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Use my mothers ipad 2, wow, that was interesting. Have to admit I think the gen 2 was faster than the type r when the suv was behind him.

Il like to see honda use its vtec for selecting eco vs balls to the wall performance or even flip from gas to e85. Make it a high compression engine, but limit valve operation in eco mode for cheap gas.

Seems the vtec has varied a bit too. Older style switched over from 2 3 to 4 valve operation, then cam lobes to not part of full valve opening.

Then the other modes include VCM.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I think top gear already test drove the new type r. If I remember correctly they said it was slower, a few hp less than least years and heavier. :mad:

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I thought was the review of the civic si. Naturally aspirated.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I dont know about the turbo charged part. I know honda has 3 new direct injected engine with turbo to come to the market.

The type r has the funny rear wing and tail light arrangement. The si looks like the regular honda with the same face lift.

I sat in the new civic hybrid. It looked like an accord or toyota avalon and seemed just as big on the outside. The driver seating area was snug. I like how the dash extends to the passenger area and wraps towards the drive. You know, how the dash in most commercial trucks stick over and curves so the driver can access it easily. Didnt drive, got into an argument instead with the sales person of which car honda sells is a "full" size sedan. First he said none, then he said the civic was. I asked about the accord, then he changed his mind and said the accord was, then I asked how does the Accura fit into the picture. :evil:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Trouble maker! :evil: Poor guy is just a sales person... clueless. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
He wanted a sale and I wanted a full size hybrid sedan. :evil:

I sat in the new si 3 door hatch back. It too was snug and head brushed the sun roof. :-?

·
Registered
831 Posts
He wanted a sale and I wanted a full size hybrid sedan. :evil:

I sat in the new si 3 door hatch back. It too was snug and head brushed the sun roof. :-?

Fully adjusted that seat cushion height and seat back rake in the Si? Should have almost the same front seat head room as the Civic sedan with sunroom. Sunroof's do take up some room, but maybe you need to tame that hair do!! :p

My old '93 Civic Coupe has a sunroof, but back then, headroom loss seemed to be minimal.

Civic Si in USA is a Coupe with a trunk. Not a 3 door hatchback, unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Yeah, I lowered, slid the seat all the way back and reclined it a little. Knees were brushing the dash as well in both vehicles. Yup, it wasnt exactly a hatch back, but looked it. It had the 2+2 seating like and the trunk was a compartment to itself.

I had slowsl make me a set of seat brackets that move the front seats 4 inches back in the insight. Think I may need another set for my next car.

The 09 scion xb I use to own was nice in regards to room for 5 adults including me, but it got 18 mpg on average and if I am careful 27. :confused:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I personally thought that was a good ad. Must have taken ages to make. Not convinced that Turbo and Type-R go together in the same sentence, but i'm sure it would be good to drive.

One main point; the new Euro Civic is a large car, and like a lot of modern vehicles, you have a large dash (for safety), and a large bonnet/ hood (for safety), are heavier (beause of all the safety stuff that has to go in side), and are generally less good on the visibility front, as the waistline is higher to fit in all the side safety stuff. It sort of feels like you are sitting in the middle of the car, and it generally makes it feel worse.

We have forgotten how good cars became before all this emission and safety stuff made them fat and choked... that said, I am sure it will be good to drive; but you might as well get a used S2000 unless you need the rear seats, and if you do, an RSX/ Integra DC2/5... would be better I am sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts