Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Insight
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only wanted a new clutch disc, not wanting to pay $300 and up for complete kit. Three Ebay sellers refunded my money saying disc was back ordered, then listed again at exhorbitant prices. After reading post here about better gear ratios in Civic hybrid and Honda Fit, I realized clutch spline must be the same. Searching for 2007 Honda Fit clutch, the dimensions were the same although a different part number. $44 straight from Exedy. I'll let you know if it works when it's delivered.
Insight part # HCD033U $66
Fit # HCD039U $44

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
847 Posts
I'm not sure the spline count that interfaces with the clutch is the same with the Fit; it is with the Honda Civic Hybrid 1 (HCH1). If you try to search Fit transmission exchange, or HCH1 trans I believe the Fit is mentioned, I just don't remember.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,579 Posts
topt.
Please include your Location in your Profile, as ALL G1 Insighters have done.
Thank You.

·
Registered
2000 Insight
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure the spline count that interfaces with the clutch is the same with the Fit; it is with the Honda Civic Hybrid 1 (HCH1). If you try to search Fit transmission exchange, or HCH1 trans I believe the Fit is mentioned, I just don't remember.
The description says 7/8" 20 spline which is the same. I'll see

·
Super Moderator
8,148 Posts
I have tried to add location to profile, but have not figured out how to do that yet.
One way is to click your avatar at top right, then click "account settings." Scroll down the page for location. I think there may be another way, but not sure.

·
Registered
2000 Insight
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One way is to click your avatar at top right, then click "account settings." Scroll down the page for location. I think there may be another way, but not sure.
Thanks I got it now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts