·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda Insight 1st generation for sale
Year: 2002
Colour: Oxygen Blue
Transmission: 5 speed standard gearbox
Current Mileage: 47K (yes that is correct), I brought the car from new and can supply MOT’s and service records to prove the low millage. For the first 12 or so years it has a full-service history from the Honda Dealers. I only stopped the servicing over the last few years as the car was doing less than 1K mile/year
Asking Price: any reasonable offer
Transmission Condition: Good
IMA: This did come on for about a year and I drove it without the battery working. I then took the fuses out and put them back in again. This resulted in the IMA light not coming on for about two years. It resent has stated intermittently to come back on again
Adaptions: Includes Grid Charger for continued battery health.
The car does drive with no problems, but the MOT ran out at the beginning of May 2018.
59.9 MPG over the life of the car

The car has failed the MOT and I cannot afford to fix it
• One tier needs replacing
• IMA unit needs replacing
• Engine emissions (after the new MOT rules that came in on the 1st June 2018) light has been light for a number of years and the Honda dealers says it needs a new catalytic converter. I personally don’t believe this due to the low mileage and think the indicator sensor is too sensitive

Interior Condition Summary: good condition, with normal wear
Exterior Condition Summary: Slight damage to offside mirror and the electric mirrors don’t work, only because I replaced the glass part of the mirrors, the motor still works, apart from that good condition. Key fob no longer works.
I am very reluctantly selling this car due the fact that I need to purchase the lease on my flat so cannot afford to repair the car, plus the fact that it hardly ever gets used.
Message me or comment here if you have any other questions. Will gladly exchange more info via pm if you want to chat on phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
>Nice COLOR! Are the front seats color matched?
Yes they are, if you look at the last pic, you can see from the colour of the headrests. I would have added another pic, but im only allowed 5.

>You might want to get the actual OBDII code and see what the computer says.
I need an idiots guold how to get the codes.
Do I need one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OBD2-Cod...stic-Scanner-Engine-Light-Clear-/182842020687

·
Registered
23 Posts
great color- was that UK only? Never seen it but beautiful. I want the car. send it over. I'm in Connecticut/USA.
Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is a zombie thread (plenty of other complaints on the forum re it bringing old threads back from the dead)...

Notice the seller announced this just over 2 years ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.