Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling My 2000 Red MT for Parts :( . worth more this way and the 1st gens aren't baby friendly so on to a new insight?

The IMA Battery is on ebay for 1450

Pricing: All other parts are available and priced at 800 for all. 50% off new price or best offer + Shipping

Description:
Well maintained Engine, new sparkies, always on that fresh 0w20 full synthetic

Bad 3-2 and 2-1 synchros on tranny

DC-DC Converter good

Body parts are all red with faded paint and some light scratching/dings. Passenger side body parts are not for sale.

·
Premium Member
2000 Silver M/T
1,074 Posts
sad to see one of these parted over bad synros. that's really a pretty easy fix.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd like some clips and retainers as well as screws im missing, there are a few here and there i noticed gone from the interior carpet/ skid plates / wheel well id like to replace

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am getting rid of it because I really needed a back seat for a car seat. I can't do tranny work myself. Would be nice to fix and sell as whole, but it may be more valuable this way. The right side got sideswiped while it was parked and that's also too expensive to fix I think, it's pretty gnarly.

Also I may be missing some of the fasteners for the rear wheel skirts. Please pm me for details, thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
141 Posts
How gnarly are we talking? Pics?

Mak

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mak, pictures attached in last post :). It looks like someone took a can opener through the door twice, metal is all warped from the cut

·
Registered
141 Posts
How many miles? I've been looking for a shell for a K24 swap but not sure of the cost to repair the passenger side. A new door plus body repair fore and aft for starters.

Mak

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's got 230k, so you can assume if you want a body this is probably not what ur looking for, faded paint on hood and on roof. Carpet is in fair shape at best. However carpet in the rear compartment area is in good shape. Glue has come loose on carpet on hidden compartment in rear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info on synchros, I found the price you posted to be accurate. I also don't believe any tranny work to be "easy."

·
Super Moderator
5,310 Posts
You don't replace the synchros. You just grind the little tabs off of them.

Sam

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe if I could just grind them real good when I am downshifting, that would be an easy fix :) . Thanks Sam I hope you get my harmless humor here, I just haven't worked on a trans before and I would rather not immobilize the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just updating the thread I posted. Parts are still available. I have a whole car here minus a good trans. 200k miles. Passenger side body not in great shape. Pm me for parts request. Batt also still available, for better price contact me directly.

Parting mine to keep yours alive! I want to do this in the most environment friendly way possible. Re-use then recycle.

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oil pan

Stripped out the drain plug. .. Looking for an oil pan and was wondering if you still had yours and if so how much would you be willing to sell it for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts