Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey insight central, I've recently become an owner of a honda insight es model. My first hybrid.

I want to do a double din conversion on my right hand drive insight, but I can't seem to find any right hand drive facia plates, but I'm also no too clued up about all the wiring harnesses, there isn't may guides out there for me to watch as I want to do it myself to save money, I've got a budget of £150-200, if there is any electrical gurus out there for the honda insight and guides would be appreciated,

Thanks
Aaron

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I'm not in the U.K. (And only know you are from your use of pounds as currency) please fill out your profile so your location shows up along with your username.

This is what I do know: the navigation unit used in Insights is double din. You should be able to buy that.

As far as wiring goes, I imagine converting connectors are the same for other Hondas. Here in the US, I recommend Metra adapters. They plug into the factory harness and give you labeled wires to connect to your aftermarket unit.

Perhaps someone local will have better information for you

Hey U.K. Guys, help him out!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey! I've selected my time zone I'm not sure if you can see it because I can't,

Anyway, the main problem I've got is finding a facia plate for the RHD insight, I've found one or 2 but they are asking 100+ pounds for a piece of plastic! I'm pretty sure they can't be that expensive.

I've just had a look at a few double din andriod units and most of them already come with some sort of wiring. But if there is any type or wiring that I need additional to use the double din unit. i.e steering wheel controls I'm a bit clueless about, a point in the right direction would be brilliant! ?

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Have you tried a Honda dealer? Can you order parts from a dealer like you can in the US? Here the part is called "center panel" *nh822L* (nueance black hairline) which I think is that glossy black the radio surround is. The part number for the left hand drive Insights is: 77251-TM8-A11ZA. It's $92.90 retail, with a discount seller priced at $63.82.

Of course a new double din unit would come with wiring, it's connecting to the wiring in the Honda you want to be able to do without hacking up the existing connectors. This way it's reversible and you won't chance mucking up some wires you should have left alone.

Interfacing with the steering wheel controls can be done, but that is yet another unit you need to buy.

If your budget is very limited, you may be better off backing up and deciding exactly what you are trying to accomplish. Maybe upgrading the speakers and getting some Bluetooth adapter might get you close to what you want.

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Has anyone ordered from these before? I've never ordered from a foreign website before
In Russia all buying in ALI (Big Chinese Market).
I ordered from there a bunch of little things for the car.:)
It's safe and don't loose money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts