Honda Insight Forum banner

Honda insight 2010 fan?

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  RedDevil 
#1 ·
Hello
I bought my car week ago. Today i was going for a trip. When i was coming back i heard a fan sound from the back of the car. It happens when i stop only, when i drive the sound is gone.
Is everythink fine? It should be like this?
Thanks

#2 ·
There is a fan back there to cool off the IMA battery pack. It operates as needed. I don't remember ever hearing it though. You are either very attuned or it is on it's way out. You can do a search here for threads about that fan, just to be informed. Like making sure not to block the air intake when loading the back. I think you will get a check IMA light and a code if there is a real issue.

#5 ·
It will definitely work while driving too, like when you're in the mountains where the IMA battery gets a solid workout. It can run at varying speeds, and you will certainly hear it when it is on max speed.

#6 ·
So today when i was driving back after 1 hour journey i got a IMA error, and the fan stoped working. Car goes fully petrol and i went straight to the dealer. He put new battery to check but the problem still exist. He ordered new fan for battery, So i have to wait 3-4days. I hope that will resolve the problem.

#7 ·
That does not sound encouraging. It seems the IMA battery has a problem which was the cause for the previous owner to get rid of it. Someone reset the code, you bought it and now it is your problem?
See if you can return it and get a refund. Someone knew they were selling a car with a hidden problem. They should take it back or fix it for free.

#9 ·
But why the problem still exist even with the new battery? Maybe that's really just a fan?
I found this video, looks familiar.
What battery did they change? The 12V battery or the IMA battery? The first one is cheap, the second is not.
Changing the 12V battery in case of doubt is never a bad idea. They are typically weak especially if they sat a while untended at the lot or ever needed a jump start.

Did you have confirmation that the fault code was P1448? It seems strange that the fan would be the cause if you can hear it run...

#10 ·
At the moment i cant hear it. It was very loud when i stop the car at the trafic light then suddenly i got the error and the fan went off.
I dont know which battery did he change, and what was the error code exactly. I have warranty for engine and battery so i Didn't ask to be honest

#11 ·
Then, yes something must have been wrong with the fan. It can be audible but definitely should not be very loud.
At least a new fan won't set you back as much as a new hybrid battery would.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.