Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have just bought a used Honda Insight 2010 and I encountered a problem. I am using my phone (Xiaomi A2, if relevant) for navigation and I am charging it with an usb adapter on the only 12V outlet, which worked find until today (I tested it in another car, and it works fine). When I insert it into the socket, the red LED is turning on, but when I am connecting the usb lead to the phone, the LED goes off. It is not an issue of not inserting it properly, or a bad connection, it is as if there was not enough current to sustain charging. Has anyone else encountered this issue?
Thanks!
Dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello,
I have just bought a used Honda Insight 2010 and I encountered a problem. I am using my phone (Xiaomi A2, if relevant) for navigation and I am charging it with an usb adapter on the only 12V outlet, which worked find until today (I tested it in another car, and it works fine). When I insert it into the socket, the red LED is turning on, but when I am connecting the usb lead to the phone, the LED goes off. It is not an issue of not inserting it properly, or a bad connection, it is as if there was not enough current to sustain charging. Has anyone else encountered this issue?
Thanks!
Dan
My best guess is that the 12V battery is on its death bed. I will check it out today at a garage and I will post an update.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts