Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have been driving Insight since few years and recently i have noticed that its been making little noise as soon as it goes in D Mood and starts driving noise inceases with the speed.
Doesnt make any noise if parked up or in N if Gas is been pressed.
Please help
Thanks

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Hi Will
I bought it august 2019 and i have not done it tbh.
And have not idea when the last owner did it.
You think it could be that?
Thanks
The CVT transmissions seem to be fairly sensitive to fluid quality. There are threads here detailing how to change it, standard practice is to use OEM Honda fluid.
You will probably get more and better help if you post in the 2nd generation area..

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Now that you are in the right place, here is the gist of CVTs:
The fluid needs changing regularly. I think Honda probably has a 30k (every 4th oil change, code 3 on the maintenance minder) Around here every 15k, or every other oil change is recommended. The guy who designed the trans suggested a 18k change interval.
All Honda transmissions have a fluid change schedule, even the manuals.
The CVT in the Insight is incredibly easy to change. There is even a little access panel in the rock guard to get to the drain bolt. Fresh crush washer is advisable, 29 lbs torque spec. You can, with patience and a funnel, refill through the dipstick hole. See threads here about changing the fluid. Or search for a Youtube video.

Honda has introduced a new CVT that takes a different fluid. They are NOT interchangeable. You want the bottle with the green label. As stated above, only real OEM fluid should be used.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi
Thanks alot
Oil was changed few days ago
And problem is still there today i took it to honda dealership they said gear box gone so looking for a gearbox and get it changed from local garage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts