Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm the guy who had a tree branch fall on my Insight, and it is now at Honda being repaired. Here's the catch, Honda is going to replace the roof panel, but guess what? They don't have any roof panels. It is "back ordered," and god knows how long it will take them to make one. It was already estimated to take three weeks to repair my Insight, and it's not like they're providing me with a rental car. Now there's no telling how long it will take.

So, if you happen to know of a wrecked Insight in a salvage yard (that has an intact roof), please let me know. The color doesn't matter, because they are going to paint it.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I hate to say it, but if you have to end up waiting for the part (this means the slow boat from Japan) your looking at 3 weeks at the fastest. I had to wait for a part from Japan and my car was out of commission for 3 weeks, this was with them "rushing" me the part. Just be glad they aren't quarantining the boats for SARS any more.

·
Registered
140 Posts
http://www.car-part.com (salvage yard search engine)

My only worry is that any competent body shop, especially one capable of tackling an aluminum bodied Insight should surely know how to search salvage yards for parts?!?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts