Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can an off the shelf HD boot mounted camera be fitted to the standard SD Satellite Navigation Monitor. If so I assume the connections are on the wiring loom in the boot can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Welcome aboard. :) If your car is equipped with NAV you can get an adapter to do this. Otherwise you can buy any off the shelf DVD head unit and wire one up.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Because you are in the UK, you might check some online Honda forums for other vehicles that have similar model year NAV units that are available in Europe. The units in the U.S. may be different. This is not a popular mod around here.

I did a search and found several threads that seem to go nowhere. Here is one that has a little information:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-discussions/24676-rear-cam-navi.html

I think it will be important for you to figure out what NAV unit you have (for instance, in 2012 the units changed here in the U.S.) You may even have to take it out just to see if there is a camera input. There is a thread about removing the audio units. You may be able to look at the back of the unit by removing (or just dropping) the glove box and using a small mirror & light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts