Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm searching for generals parts and body parts for my insight....it's a silver 2000....I don't know why but one of my fender skirts screw decided to jump of my car while I was cruising at 50km/h(nead 30mph?) resulting of a little anoying mark on my fender skirts..... I ask the dealer for this part and it's 375$ canadian... Is there anyplace where I can find an other for less? All the junkwar in Quebec dont have anything...

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Do you have a picture? How little is it: Can you just use a buffer and compound to remove the scratch (if it is only into the paint).

Maybe it can be filled, painted with touch-up paint and than sanded (400 grid) plus buffed to look nice. By yourself.

I can tell you that a 5 once spray can paint is $23 at CMAX (division of UAP or NAPA). They build cans to the Honda dealer color. Cause I bought 3 recently to paint my "bike rack"

If the scratch is in the plastic, have you asked a paint shop if they can repair it. I think that plastic is easy to repair. But the painting part could raise the price.

Else, some have been on Ebay before.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im gonna take a picture of it this week and post it back

1 - 3 of 3 Posts