Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda has released there monthly sales numbers for July. This confirms my purchase experience, there is higher demand for the HCH and Insight making them harder to find and more difficult to make a deal.

Some tidbits from the official press release:

As demand continues to outpace supply for Honda's small car lineup, the Honda Civic sold 28,607 units for a 6.2 percent increase, and the all-new Fit sold 3,135 units. Accord sales increased 9.5 percent to 38,043, and Honda also sold a total of 3,268 hybrid vehicles helped by record July sales for the Civic Hybrid of 2,673 units.

The break down for the Insight: 580 units year to date. At the same time in ’05 364 units. That’s a 60 % increase. The Insight sales really dropped the last half of ’04. They picked up for ’05 and have picked up again the last 2 months of ’05 threw the current month. I waited 5 months too long to decide to get ‘in’.

Also it’s interesting to see the Fit numbers. The dealers I went to had 1 or no Fits on the lot. There weren’t that many of them available.

·
Registered
495 Posts
With the ever increasing gasoline prices in mind, and those yet to come, It'll be interesting to see both how high and how fast the prices for used (as opposed to new) Insight prices go up.

Fred

1 - 2 of 2 Posts