Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

For those of you that emailed me wanting to participate in my survey about the Honda Insight, I sent out the survey just a few minutes ago. It's a Word document so you have to open it up, bold/underline your answers, save them and send it back to me.

For those of you that didn't email me about the survey, but would still be interested you can still complete the survey by sending me an email at [email protected] and I will send it to you.

Thanks!

AdvertisingGal

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi AdvertisingGal,

Thanks for emailing that survey. I filled it out, saved it and emailed it back to you. My email was acting funny this morning, so let me know if you didn't get it.

The only thing that could have been more clear is on the things where you wanted a rating (1 - 7 or whatever). It wasn't clear to me if you wanted the answer to include all numbers, i.e. 1 - 7, or if you could have more than 1 number 2's, for example, or several 1's.

I took it as the second option, so hopefully that will work okay for you!

Best Regs,
Rick / 2006 CVT

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New, easier way to take Honda Insight Survey

For all of you who were interested in taking or already took my Honda Insight Survey I have found a brand new way for you to participate.
Go to:

http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB225TLZMYK6P

Sorry for those of you who already took the survey and sent it back to me. If you could do it again on that web site that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

AdvertisingGal

P.S. I will try to email all of you that seemed interested the link as a reminder. I need to complete the surveying process before November 10th.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
I took the survey. I was glad to participate, but I was a little frustrated for the following reasons.

1. There was no place to make personal comments other than as a response to a question.

2. The survey gave limited choices in such a way as to force seemingly negative responses.

3. Important issues such as the car being a two seater and having an aluminum body were not addressed.

4. Known issues such as the factory stereo and the passenger window sticking were lumped together into categories that make meaningful parsing of data imposible.

Bing! :idea: Since I come from an R+D background I've been looking at the survey as a means of improving the car whereas from a marketing perspective you are looking at ways to improve the sales. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Took the survey. Some questions left room for multiple interpretations. For example, I strongly disagree with the statement, "More people should drive hybrid vehicles," since in general I think fewer people should drive and we should have better mass transit.

However, if you'd said, "A greater fraction of drivers should use hybrid vehicles," I would have strongly agreed.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The survey doesn't work. On the first page in the "Why did you buy your hybrid?" field I couldn't select choices from one row without other random rows changing their selection. The "Why did you buy your Honda Insight?" did the same thing.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Some more constructive feedback on the survey design: You will probably hate us when we're done, but it might also be a learning experience. If it makes you feel better, I have taken a lot of surveys designed by highly paid professionals, and none were any good. Most were a lot worse than yours. It's sad to see a tool that's meant to understand public opinion, but really just distorts it. Well, sometimes it's meant to do that, but those are political surveys :cool:

Q3: "Why did you buy your hybrid vehicle? Please rank the following from 1-6, with 1 being the best and 6 being the worst"
Would be clearer if it said "1 for strongly agree, 6 for strongly disagree" or did I get that the wrong way around?
Also, the form doesn't allow me to strongly agree to more than one statement. So I'm forced to strongly disagree with one, I picked "saving money on gas" I really didn't buy it to save money, but to save energy!

Q4: very good! Free-text fields are the most important thing in surveys, so you capture things you didn't even ask for! The question is openly phrased to really invite a broad range of comments.

Q5 does the same thing as Q3. It's too bad, because there are some (very few) things here I strongly agree with, and a lot I dissagree with. But the form forces me to spread things out evenly.

Q7 purchased? good no! Built? Hell Yes! - oh wait, does MIMA count? I bought that one!

Q13, Q15 can you tell this format of question really annoys me? It's also quite tricky to do, since I have to go through the list several times to find which one I didn't check, what choices are still available and then maybe change others again.

Q16 this one takes the cake! I don't dislike anything! Well, at least it allowed me to not check anything. I didn't know that on the previous questions in this format. That would have been better.

Q18: this is how all those other ones should have been. I checked 1 on all lines!

Sorry about all the complaining. Good luck with the survey and please post the results.

Oh, and you never answered my question on your last post: Maybe this is just an academic exercise, but why design an ad for a product that is not available?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Armin,

Thanks for all the feedback about the survey. Your comments have raised questions and concerns that we hadn't even thought of when we designed the survey.

However, your comments do indicate that Insight owners high involvement users who are forward thinking and very comfortable with technology.

Yes, this is an academic excercise of having the practice of actually designing an advertising campaign. I believe the reason my profesor wanted us to design such a campaign for a product that is not available has more to do with him wanting to show us the variety that exists within a product genre, in this case cars, than with anything else. The other half of my class has to design an advertising campaign for the Hummer H3. Perhaps he figured if he had one side do the Honda Insight and the other half do the Hummer H3 there wouldn't be any kind of overlap in target audiences.

·
Registered
366 Posts
DONE!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
AdvertisingGal said:
The other half of my class has to design an advertising campaign for the Hummer H3. Perhaps he figured if he had one side do the Honda Insight and the other half do the Hummer H3 there wouldn't be any kind of overlap in target audiences.
This forum proves your professor wrong on that point - we have users here who own both an Insight and a Hummer :badgrin: (although not me)

·
Registered
303 Posts
HB said:
This forum proves your professor wrong on that point - we have users here who own both an Insight and a Hummer :badgrin: (although not me)
We do? Good Lord. Someone should tell the producers of the EV1 movie.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts