Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly my beloved insight is Kaputt, having been left idle for too long while I was working for a few months. A kind Honda dealer suggested this forum would be a good place to ask a panel of experts how much the car might be worth if sold as is, and also if I paid for the necessary repairs. I haven’t got pictures of external body work issues but have described it below.

2009 Honda Insight, Hybrid, 5 door, petrol
Reg: YD59TGX
Miles: 99,500 (there abouts)

Cosmetics:
- Scratch across rear passenger side door with dent
-Passenger side front number is slightly loose

EPS: Main issue is the electronic power steering is completely broken and they need to replace the console to even diagnose the problem.
Quoted cost from Honda: £1221.91

4xdisc/pads = £460
2x front fog lights corroded (but I’m pretty sure still functional) = £598.20(!!)

I’ve been offered £2000 as part exchange with the Honda dealership but obviously that means buying a quite expensive second hand car from them.

Is there any scope for this car being bought by an insight fan somewhere or should I just sell it for scrap?

many help much appreciated, let me know if you want any more details. Will try and work out how to attach photos of the car.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I’d take the part exchange tbh, though some guys here in Ireland 🇮🇪 strip and sell fir parts and seem to do ok( ones I’ve seen but that’s a slow process)
Would be a nice present for a newly qualified driver - spend a bit / gain a lot

Fixed Garry's reply for him.
Bull Dog - InsightCentral Moderator

·
Registered
547 Posts
I’d take the part exchange tbh, though some guys here in Ireland 🇮🇪 strip and sell fir parts and seem to do ok( ones I’ve seen but that’s a slow process)
Would be a nice present for a newly qualified driver - spend a bit / gain a lot

Fixed Garry's reply for him.
Bull Dog - InsightCentral Moderator
Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts