Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car honda insight has a problem,auto stop does not work.anyone who knows how to set to help me please.im in Kenya.

·
Super Moderator
8,420 Posts
It could be several things. Hard to know from just a general description.

Are any trouble lights lit on the dash? Can you have the trouble codes read with a code reader? Are you using air conditioning?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Do you use Eco mode?
Does Auto Stop also not work if you switch the ventilation OFF just before you stop?
When it is cold, hot or humid and the ventilation system is on (especially when using air conditioning) then AutoStop will only last very short, if at all (not using Eco mode shortens AutoStop too).

Just before a stop (if you're still moving faster than 20 km/h) the system decides how long AutoStop is going to last depending on the ventilation settings at that time. If the ventilation was OFF then AutoStop should last almost indefinitely.
Once you have come to a stop you can change the settings again; that won't affect the duration of AutoStop (!).

If the system AutoStops fine with the ventilation OFF then you can search for the cause; humidity (water under the floormats in my case), Eco mode not selected & airco on, stuff like that.
If it does not AutoStop at all then it isn't related to the ventilation system.

Reactions: jime

·
Super Moderator
8,420 Posts
^+1. Good post. I was feeling a bit lonely trying to give a Gen2 guy advice. The Gen1 owner's manual has a list of conditions which must be met before the car will autostop. Does the Gen2 have such a list?

I think he is in the spring there and probably increasing the use of the A/C.. I too suspected his climate control settings, but I obviously have no direct experience;)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
There must be a list, but it amounts to AutoStop not working when it is humid, very cold or very hot in combination with the CC settings to alleviate those points (if you set it to get it hotter than currently in the car the engine will keep running) and more so if Eco mode is off.

The CC settings are driving me nuts by the way. I try to maximize AutoStop, which forces me to hit OFF every time I plan to stop, and restart the settings again when stationary.
Sometimes I'm lazy and just hit Auto, which does a reasonable job of keeping everything pleasant inside while also allowing for AutoStop. But it has a mind of its own, which can be unnerving at times. Then it isn't a concern now as I'm working from home and everyone at my company is fine with it, so I may drive a lot less in the foreseeable future even past COVID-19.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts