Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

My experience started in year 2001 where i drove the insight across France, this year i've finnaly found one in Germany with the help of Fugel Honda dealer in Chemnitz . It was very hard because only a limited number of insight were imported and many Honda enthousiasts are looking for it .

I would like for a second one , but it's virtualy impossible to find here with an acceptable mileage. As i think there are no LHD cars in the UK, i am interested to import one from the US.
Main problem to resolve , the european homologated type is ZE1 , Is there someone who could tell me what are American types ? was ZE1 the early type or was it specific only for europe ?
Best regards
Philippe #166

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Hi Fifi,

I don't think I ever heard "ZE1" or the term "homologated type". Maybe you could explain what you are referring to?

I do know that there are a number of subtle differences between European and US Insights. Those that come to mind are US Insights having only one rear license plate light (Europe: two) and no side lights for directional signals. And I think in Europe the climate controls are in Celsius.

There are some other European Insighters on this board. Maybe one will respond with more detail?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Salut FIFI,

I don't know much about the ZE1. All I know is if you want to import a car from the US you will have to pay the customs. I think it's hard to import. the best way would be to check with a dealer who imports US vehicles, Hummer or Pontiac the brands we don't have in France, and ask them how they do it.

All I know is if you own the vehicle in the US for more than a year and go back to Europe you don't pay any taxes.

Tu peux donc attendre encore 4-5 ans que je revienne en France et je te vendrai mon Insight 2006.

A+

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi FIFI .

Did I read right ? # 166 ???!!!

If your car has a leather steering-wheel, white side-indicators, is silver in colour and a small dent in the passenger-door....

It was mine.
Bought 07/2000 in Herford / Germany by me and sold 04/2006 in Paderborn/Germany for a 2002 Opel Omega.

Sold the Opel/Holden/Cadillac - thingy now and a proud owner of a Toyota Prius II.

8)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi friends thanks for infos,

Peacepower said:
Salut FIFI, Tu peux donc attendre encore 4-5 ans que je revienne en France et je te vendrai mon Insight 2006. A+
> pas de problèmes, j'attendrais !

Concerning my number i make a mistake, i am 165 not 166.

Does someone knows how many insight were produced between 2000 to 2006 ?

thanks again
Phil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts