Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Success! Finally I have convinced the Dealer to replace my battery pack! They were able to pull enough proof off my ECU when my IMA light came on and all my complaints of the battery recalls to convince Honda of North America to fork over the cash. They are waiting for the last computer module to come in and they should be replacing it this week. Am I one of the first ones in the forum to get them replaced?

To be more exact, they have ordered: The Motor Control Module (MCM), Battery Condition Module (BCM), and the Battery Module (Battery Pack).

Over $3,000 just in parts!! But covered under my extended 100,000 mile warranty! 2-Day Rental too!

They said the IMA light had to come on before they had the "permission" to do the replacement. Sure enough, a week later it came on for about 2 hours. The next day she was in the shop stripped down and being tested and they found that the 2 control modules and battery pack needed to be replaced. They put her back together, and told me it would be 2-weeks for the "back-ordered" parts to come in. The modules are from Honda and the battery pack came from the Manufacturer...which is not Honda. This was 2 weeks ago and one module is still on back order. Any day I will get the call. My Insight will be brand new!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how many miles on your car and what's your lmpg?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Way cool!

I echo, how many miles & years have you had your Insight? And they have all been in sunny California?

We should put together a "battery pack replacement" database along these lines, now that Insights have been on the market more than five years...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Info

My Insight has around 86,000 mi with a lmpg of around 51. Keep in mind the first 60,000 were on the freeway outside of LA and my 25,000 have been hardcore LA traffic. The recalls started around 8,000 miles ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.