Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda Manual Tranny rebuild question

The car in question is a 1988 Honda Accord. I'm in the process of restoring it slowly. Converted it from a carburated to Fuel injected and automatic to manual tranny. I hit a speed bump in regards to the transmission.

The transmission was rebuilt by my brother in law since he had rebuilt his jeep transmission so i expected him to be better than me, pretty much the only bad thing was 5th gear synchro and had 230k miles but everything was in spec. I purchased a new clutch kit and installed it. The problem is that it gets stuck and the car wont move. I have driven it in 1st and it just totally locks up and came to a screeching halt. Started it up again and was able to drive around the block just fine. 2nd issue sometimes when moving it around my driveway, I cannot get it to move, no matter how much gas I give it, it wont move and will stall. If I get out and push it an inch even in neutral, I will be able to start it and go into reverse or 1st. It does feel like it can shift into all gears when the car is on/off. Also one time we pushed it when the car was off and it seemed a little difficult with a metal scraping sound. I assumed it was rusty brake disk since its parked outside but i'm not sure. Its almost as if its slipping into two gears at the same time or something, but i don't know how that is possible.

So do you guys have any input. I'm close to taking the tranny out again and doing the teardown myself. But i want to make sure its not something simple like the clutch sticking or something.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts